Sunday, July 19, 2009

Baking


I believe one of the best ways and challenging ways to make a difference in your diet is to bake your own, cookies, cakes, breads etc. One reason is to avoid unhealthy ingredients like processed white flour. The other is to incorporate ingredients not usually found in store bought baked goods. I like to use a variety of flours including adding buckwheat flour into some of my baked goods. I have found the more you bake and experiment the better results you will have. Below is my peanut butter cookie recipe. My friend Deb raved over these. She thought they looked pretty good too.


Peanut butter cookies
1/2 cup oranic peanut butter, 1/2 cup butter, 3/4 cup sugar - 1/2 organic white, 1/4 sucanat or rapadura

1 egg well beaten, 1 1/2 tsp milk
1 cup and 4 T flour - 1/3 whole wheat, 1/3 white + 2 T, 1/3 oat flour and 2 T buckwheat

2 T ground flax seed, 1/4 tsp soda

Roll into a ball and make criss-cross marks with a fork.

Bake in 325 oven for 15 to 20 minutes.

No comments: